Old 31-01-2003, 02:23 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Skimmers and Bottom Drains

"Howard" (remove XYZ) wrote in message
Drain first skimmer 2nd.

Definately seems to be the path I am heading down. I am even considering no
skimmer, and two nice bottom drains.

I would run the drain back into the filter. If you are building on uneven
ground I would
include an outlet about a foot below ground level. Instead of an

expensive
valve I cap mine with a coupler and enough pipe to extend it above the

level
of the
pond. When I pull off the extender pipe the water starts slowly and picks
up speed
untill it is gushing out. The bottom of the pond is bowl shaped around

the
drain.

Could you explain further? I don't get it...sorry...I guess my brain shut
down early for the weekend.

I open the pipe about once every week or two. The crud that comes out

looks
like it belongs in a septic tank. Esp good when a plant tips over.

Sounds like great fertilizer!

If you are using a EPDM do not fear cutting a hole in the liner for a

drain.
A lot of people have problems with waterfalls and streams but one seldom
hears about problems regarding drains. Check out the site(s) where

people
have used toilet flanges to attach to the pipe.

Have seen a few, and definately have no more fear.

Since people seldom read past the first screen I will stop here.

Depends on the quality of the post.

BV.