Old 17-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Default deer in the city

"gunnar" wrote:

cant believe this I live in Warwick RI a city of 80,000 plus people. I was
sitting out by the pond and all of a sudden a doe comes walking out of the
brush on side of my house. looks at us and walks to a swamp in back yard. I
am in shock still

What is shocking is that you haven't seen deer before. They are
nocturnal so you will see them most often at dusk or dawn. Any property
in the Eastern US anywhere near brush or a forest will have deer. We
sometimes have 20 to 30 at one time in our yard. They eat most anything
that is green. They suposedly don't drink water but get their water
from moisture in and on what they brouse.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman