Old 31-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Cleveland Ponder

Default Filter, skimmer, bottom drain...how many pumps?

I have my skimmer and bottom drain both going to a stock tank which
acts like a settling tank/pre-filter. The pump draws from the stock
tank. The top edge of the stock tank is a few inches higher than the
normal water level so it is a gravity feed to the stock tank from the
bottom drain and skimmer.

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message ...
I am planning on a having a large veggie filter that will be fed by a pump
and will then flow back into the main pond. I am now considering a skimmer
and a bottom drain. What kind of pump set would you use? Three smaller
pumps? Can one or more of these functions share a pump?