Old 18-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Arrrghhh! Ants!

Cat said:

Arrrghhh! I just picked up a bag of triple mix and found:

http://www.reptiles.org/~gwen/ant.jpg

underneath. Should I worry about them? They're grossing me out something
fierce [I don't know if the little red ants are showing up - but the
white things look like cocoons not maggots.

The ants found the temperature and humidity under the bag to be perfect for
their nursery. I bet they started hustling the larvae and/or pupae off to somewhere
less exposed once you lifted the bag.

(attributed to Don Marti)