Old 18-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Roger Snipes

Default [IBC] experience with Mountain Hemlock?

Hi Anton,

I guess I would agree with you on the full sun for the West side, but here
in Eastern Washington it has been my experience that they do better in
partial shade. As you know, it is quite a bit hotter and dryer here than on
the West side of the mountains. Mine get midday sun, but are in the shade
in the late afternoon. I tried keeping one in full sun a few years ago, and
it started to get scorched on the tips of the new growth. Ever since then I
have stayed with the partial shade and have had no problem.

Regards,
Roger Snipes Spokane, WA Zone 5, or maybe Zone 6.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it,
and then misapplying the wrong remedies. Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++