Old 19-07-2004, 04:13 PM
George

Default Alga Bars---Do they work?????

"GrannyGrump" wrote in message

I saw this.jus wondering if they work??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4314178 5
64&rd=1

Not for $25.00 it doesn't, IMHO

However, I have been reading about copper being used in ponds to help
with algae problems.

Be very careful using copper if you have invertebrates and frogs. They don't
tolerate it well. Personnally, I wouldn't use any chemical remedy like copper
for algae. You will always have some amount of algae, which is benefiticial for
the pond as they digest nutrients from the water. The best natural solution for
heavy algae infestation is lots of water plants and installation of a biological
filter.. Of course, barley straw seems to work for many, doesn't hurt frogs and
invertebrates, but can discolor the water.