Old 19-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Chuck

Default Pride of Barbados

Great, thanks, I'm going to get one to sit next to an Esperanza.

"escapee" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 06:10:17 GMT, "Chuck"

opined:

Any tips on dealing wit this plant? Anyone have one? What is the typical
bloom season?

Mine started blooming about a month ago and it usually blooms all summer

for me.
I remove spent blooms and fertilize it right after doing that. I leave

many
pods on the second flush of bloom to have seeds. I start the seeds for

more
plats. I have about 10 waiting to be planted in the ground. They are

reliably
root hardy here in our USDA Zone 8b. They are very drought tolerant.