Old 19-07-2004, 11:02 PM
zxcvbob

Default How do you tell when a sweet green pepper is ripe ?

Al Dykes wrote:
This year, for the first time, I put a few sweet peppers in. I've got
some peppers, but how do I tell if they are ripe ? The seed package
shows red and green fruit, but so far mine are all dark, dark green.

How big are homegrown peppers (California Wonder). The peppers I buy
in the market these days weigh a pound or more, and I figure they are
as bloated as the huge strawberries are.

Just pick them when they seem to stop growing if you want them green, or
wait another week or three for them to turn red. I don't think you can
really predict how large bell peppers will get.

Bob