Old 20-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Ann

Default Maine Blueberries

Jane Lumley expounded:

Does anyone here know if it's possible to grow the small Maine
blueberries in the UK? Can anyone tell me the variety name/s?

If you live in a pine barren G

Wehave a whole yard of Maine wild blueberries at our house in Maine.
The conditions are thin, acid soil with jack pines creating natural
mulch. The terrain is very flat. Funny thing is, they grow both in
full sun and in full shade, and the berries onthe full shade plants
are plumper, sweeter, the ones on the full sun plants are smaller and
more concentrated with flavor.

Pam has given you good info, good luck in your search!
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA