Old 20-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Roy

Default Water Garden Question

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:20:59 GMT, "Weeble" wrote:

===I have a copper fire pit which has never been used and likely will never be
===used for fire. I would like to turn it into a small water garden with
===small waterlily and a few other plants and a small fountain. Any ideas on
===the suitability of the copper for a water garden? And any ideas on plants
===which woud be easy care?
===
===Shell
===

Well if its not leak proof just solder the joints, easy task to do.
Other than making sure it doe sot leak it ought to make one fine
looking water garden especialy when it starts to get the green color
or blueish color from ageing. Copper and fish do not exactly get along
so don;t add any fish or they more than likely will croak.

Copper is an easy metal to work with and any piping or such you may
want to add can easily be soldered or brazed in place. I wold
certainly keep everything copper as much as possible so it al ages the
same color unlike cheap PVC........which would be very distractfull on
a solid copper container IMHO.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.