Old 20-07-2004, 04:04 AM
dkat

Default Pond is Looking Good But!!!

"Rick" wrote in message
ink.net...
BLACK KIRSHT, GARROSH, WHITE PICKARD, BENJAL TIGER, INPERIAL JUNO, RED
STAR TULHUP,
anybody recognizes any of these and knows how to (Water depth) plant them
Thanks. Second problem. Blanket weed or at least I think that it is. In
the past week some of the plant stems and bigger rocks develop a green

halo
around them. it is very fine and if a try to grab it by hand I get almost
nothing between my fingers. The dead Blanked weed or algae floats to the
top more and more every day. I skim of what I can. It is also around the
roots of my water lettuce witch dose not look so good ,the leaves are a
little yellow and I think something is eating on them. Last question!
Snails? is it a good idea to put snails into the pond? Some people say

yes
others say they just become a bother. Thanks for all your help in the

past
I think I have finally found my hobby. It is just so relaxing to sit on my
porch in the morning and hear the water fall and look at all the flowers
blooming in and around the pond, it is truly Devine.

The only plant I recognize is the White Pickard which I killed off after one
year (the only person that has ever done so I believe).... I suspect your
spelling is wrong on at least some of these. For example there is a cannas
called Bengal tiger . I would go to the below site and find the closest
match for those items you can and then from there find how they are to be
grown (cannas is a bog plant.... feet wet but somewhat above water). There
is also an Imperial Taro - again grown like the cannas. Black Knight? I
found that as a cannas.

http://www.anchorbayaquarium.com/pplants.html
http://ourgardengang.tripod.com/bog3.htm

The only thing I have read about blanket algae is what the other poster
said. I have never had problems with it (knock on wood). I can't keep
snails or duck weed. My fish like them too much. I have heard people claim
that snails can be a problem. I have never had one with them.