Old 20-07-2004, 05:05 AM

Default Need advice on lawn tractors (Deere vs Snapper)

I going to be purchasing a new lawn tractor in the next couple of
weeks & would appreciate any advice and comments..

I'm looking at the following mowers

John Deere L120 (20hp B&S) for $2100.00
John Deere L130 (23hp Kohler) for $2400.00
Snapper LT200H (20hp B&S) for $3300.00
All are hydrostatic w/48" mowing decks.

My yard is about 1 1/2 acres,pretty level with
only a couple of uneven spots.

I understand the John Deere L series use to be
sold as Sabre but since the model change that
JD had made improvements in the mowers & that
they had better transmissions now..

Anybody have any experience with these mower?
Is the Snapper worth that much more money?

I prefer to stay under $2500 unless there is a big
difference in quality..

Thanks in advance for any input..