Old 20-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Bruce Musgrove

Default Stopping creeping red fescue

I have been using that new round up sprayer that you pull a handle to charge
it. It has a foam spray setting on it that works good BUT you can't seem to
stop it from coming in

NO matter how much I dig, chop, pull round up or put weed block in as a
barrier, the fescue just keeps creeping over. I easily spend 3 hours a
weekend pulling grass in my gardens which total maybe 150-200 sq ft.

"Mark Leininger" wrote in message
Another way to put roundup on selectively is to use a spray bottle of
water with a little dishwashing detergent in it to spray on the leaves.
This acts as an adjuvant to "wet" the entire surface. Then you can use
an eyedropper to put roundup on the leaves you don't want. One drop will
disperse all over that leaf because of the detergent's action. This also
allows you to safely use much harsher herbicides.

Steveo wrote:

"Bruce Musgrove" wrote:

Any idea's on how to keep Creeping red fescue out of my rose and flower
gardens? It seems to grow over under and around anything in its path
excpet concretre walls 4 feet tall and 4 feet deep. I am getting tired
of pulling it.

Roundup. put it on a sponge and dab it on with a rubber glove until
you get it under control in the tight spots..spray it on in the open
areas.