Old 20-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Newbie Bill

Default Pump recommendation

Ooops - that link is www.azponds.com and pond with no fish only needs as
little as once per 2 hours turnover. Cant imagine you would lose 90% of
your flow with your proposed set up although 100 gph net would probably be
better.
Bill

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
m...
I can't speak to dependability but www.asponds.com has some very low

prices.
I have a Laguna and they are very efficient. Others might have better
recommendations but for example a powerjet 1500 with a max head of 6 feet,
500 gph, and 3 year warranty is $55 and uses a meager 21 watts. By my
calculations .8 amps is over 90 watts. Whether they are more powerful or
dependable I have no knowledge. I would guess that between the 2 foot

rise
and loss in distance this would be appropriate. Circulating once per hour

is
typically the rule of thumb. If you buy two much pump you might have a
real whirpool in your pond. 900gph or 1200 (on sale) are about $25.
HTH
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

"Rick" wrote in message
om...
Hi paul, we have a wonderful pump, the tiny might. Although it is rated
at 1180 gph, it is only 0.8 amps, which is much lower than any
submersible. You can safely restrict the flow on the discharge side to
the flow you need. This will also cut down on the electrical usage.

You can find this pump at www.koirific.com

I think they are only $125.00

Paul wrote:

I need a pump that can pump water from my small pond (about 100gal)

over
distance or approx 5 metres to a UV clarifyer. The pond is a garden

feature
pond built raised above the ground (about 2ft high) the pump will be
situated about 5 metres away at ground level and the hose will be

routed
the pond from the pump at ground level and then up and over the small

2ft
wall into the pond.

The UV clarifyer which will be situated neat the pump requires a flow

rate
up to a max of 250gal per hour.

Can anyone recommend a suitable pump to pump water reliably over this
distance (5 metres) with a flow rate not to exceed the UV max rate of

250gal
per hour?

Hope this all makes sense.