Old 20-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Cereus-validus

Default Need help identifying weed

It doesn't look at all like "Ground Ivy".

Note the leaf is three lobed unlike those unlobed ones of your you know
what.

Your reckless misidentification is proof that we need to see the whole
plant. Nobody can identify a plant with any certainty from a single leaf. A
picture of it with flowers would be especially helpful.

Having said that, my money would be on Ranunculus bulbosa or R.repens.
Anybody want to double down?

"Frank Logullo" wrote in message

"Clinton A. Pierce" wrote in message
om...
I have an infestation of this plant in my flower beds and it's now
spilling over into my lawn. I need to eradicate it, but would like to
identify it so I use the right method. I've surfed the web for common
weeds, and I can't find anything exactly like this.

Photo:
http://www.camfriends.org/users/clintp/weed.jpg

Looks like ground ivy to me:
http://www.aces.edu/Tallapoosa/weed-...ground-ivy.htm
I pull it and spot spray. It's a real pest.
Frank