Old 20-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Bill R

Default Need help identifying weed

Clinton A. Pierce wrote:
I have an infestation of this plant in my flower beds and it's now
spilling over into my lawn. I need to eradicate it, but would like to
identify it so I use the right method. I've surfed the web for common
weeds, and I can't find anything exactly like this.

Photo:
http://www.camfriends.org/users/clintp/weed.jpg

I'm in the Detroit area. The plant is about 2-3 inches tall and grows
in a dense and spreading cluster. Each 3-leaf cluster grows from an
individual stem that goes into the ground. It seems to thrive in sun
or shade, and spreads very very quickly.

The leaves *look* like parsley, but the rest of the plant has no
similarities at all. The plant itself looks like clover, but the
leaves are wrong.

Thank you!

It looks like it might be Buttercup. Did you see small
yellow blooms on it in the spring? If so, it is definitely
Buttercup. It blooms mainly in the spring and it spreads
like crazy.

I had an area where it was growing them and decided to turn
that area into a spot for annuals and (thought) I dug all of
them out. For several seasons after that I was digging them
out and still see one pop up now and then.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850

For pictures of my garden flowers visit