Old 20-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Dan Gannon

Default Invitation to "Butterfly Koi" - New Yahoo Group

Jay,

No, not at all! Neither forum is a commercial entity.

For those who may not be familiar with these concepts, allow me to
explain.

This open sharing is analogous to the practices of non-commercial
clubs and societies, or even public libraries, which routinely share
information, invitations, etc. It's simply in the spirit of sharing,
freedom, good will, and the power that comes from groups of people
freely exchanging information and ideas. It has nothing to do with
profit-driven jealousies and nastiness.

This forum (rec.ponds) isn't dedicated to butterfly koi. The
"Butterfly Koi" Yahoo group is. Also, Butterfly Koi is not only for
messages, but also for sharing photos, etc.

Dan Gannon
Founder, Butterfly Koi Yahoo group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/butterfly_koi/

Go Fig wrote in message ...
In article , Dan Gannon
wrote:

(WilsonKKW) wrote in message
thanks for the invite,,should I bring the chips/dips,lol

Sure, why not?

Don't you think this is a bit like handing out Walmart flyers at the
doors of a Target store ?

jay
Sun Jul 18, 2004