Old 20-07-2004, 11:05 PM
Jrm

Default privacy ivy?

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
"Jrm" wrote:

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
"Jrm" wrote:

I have an apartment with two side-by-side sliding glass doors on

the
balcony that only seem to provide light and a view into the

neighbor's
place. was thinking about putting up a wire panel and getting

something
that would grow over it to give some privacy and greenery and still

allow
for ambient lighting when the blinds (ack) are open. the window

faces
south, so it doesn't get a WHOLE lot of sun....

ideas?

thanks,

jrm

Wild grapes.

K.

yeah? no kidding? also, what should I use as a base for said

greenery? a
long trough-type affair?

jrm

I'm using a 6' wire farm fencing supported by t-posts...

haha. I was trying to explain this to my girl and all I could
come up with was old farm-speak. "Hog Panels baby.... you know. HOG
panels?" she's a city girl. no chance.

3 years and I've got the green privacy fence from hell, and wild grapes
don't need much water. ;-)

excellent. next free weekend I have, I'll give it a shot. she's on a
second floor balcony, so should I just plop a 6'-10' trough along the bottom
of the railing and let them get started that way?

thanks so much,

jrm