Old 21-07-2004, 02:03 AM
escapee

Default Pond Tour This Weekend

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:17:42 -0500, dt opined:

Gae Xavier wrote:
Gardeners,

Download the map. The tickets are available from any of the pond sites
on the tour so you can start a any pond you wish.

http://www.austinpondsociety.org/tou...ur2004_002.htm

Just the landscaping around many of the ponds is worth seeing for the
$10. ticket for both days, North and South Austin sites.

I'll be a volunteer at the N5 pond Sunday, 2704 Benbrook. Drop by and
say hello.

Best to All -- Gae Xavier

Gae! I was there! Unfortunately, I hadn't read this before I went, so
I didn't know to look for you. That was one of my favorite landscapes,
of the seven or eight I made it to. Were you one of the ladies who kept
plying me with "backyard habitat" literature?

And what was that shrub by the front walk, the one with the purple
flowers? Somebody told me it was a "durante", but I'm not finding any
references to anything like that.

Sorry I missed meeting you.

Dale

I wasn't on the tour, but it is spelled, duranta.