Old 16-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Gae Xavier

Default Pond Tour This Weekend

Gardeners,

Download the map. The tickets are available from any of the pond sites
on the tour so you can start a any pond you wish.

http://www.austinpondsociety.org/tou...ur2004_002.htm

Just the landscaping around many of the ponds is worth seeing for the
$10. ticket for both days, North and South Austin sites.

I'll be a volunteer at the N5 pond Sunday, 2704 Benbrook. Drop by and
say hello.

Best to All -- Gae Xavier
Old 21-07-2004, 12:05 AM
dt

Gae Xavier wrote:
Gardeners,

Download the map. The tickets are available from any of the pond sites
on the tour so you can start a any pond you wish.

http://www.austinpondsociety.org/tou...ur2004_002.htm

Just the landscaping around many of the ponds is worth seeing for the
$10. ticket for both days, North and South Austin sites.

I'll be a volunteer at the N5 pond Sunday, 2704 Benbrook. Drop by and
say hello.

Best to All -- Gae Xavier

Gae! I was there! Unfortunately, I hadn't read this before I went, so
I didn't know to look for you. That was one of my favorite landscapes,
of the seven or eight I made it to. Were you one of the ladies who kept
plying me with "backyard habitat" literature?

And what was that shrub by the front walk, the one with the purple
flowers? Somebody told me it was a "durante", but I'm not finding any
references to anything like that.

Sorry I missed meeting you.

Dale

Old 21-07-2004, 02:03 AM
escapee

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:17:42 -0500, dt opined:

Gae Xavier wrote:
[...]

I wasn't on the tour, but it is spelled, duranta.

Old 21-07-2004, 05:04 PM
dt

Gae Xavier wrote:

[...]

Thanks; it's *sooo* much easier to look things up when they're spelled
right! ;-)

DT

Old 21-07-2004, 05:04 PM
escapee

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:23:07 -0500, dt opined:

I wasn't on the tour, but it is spelled, duranta.

Thanks; it's *sooo* much easier to look things up when they're spelled
right! ;-)

DT

I have planted this and it was not reliably hardy for me. I had it in a
relatively shady bed with morning sun. I have another variety now which has
chartreuse colored foliage. It's paired with Calocasia esculenta, which has
black foliage. It's a nice shade coupling.