Old 21-07-2004, 04:03 AM
Tlsrider

Default [IBC] Thinking about winter already

I've already introduced myself but I will again. My name is Rick and I am from New England, zone 5. I am relatively new at Bonsai, okay I am still a newbie. I started last year around the end of summer. I have successfuly (so far, anyway) wintered sever
al trees in an area that is unheated and without light. (enclosed porch/basement).

Here is my question, I have three types of tree that I am not sure on how to winter them.
1. GRAPES
2. AZALEA, one bought from bonsai nursery, the other from a landscape nursery.
3. COLLECTED MOUNTAIN LAUREL. (collected locally in March of this year. So far doing very well. I believe Mr. Lewis is familiar with these.

I know nobody wants to hear about winter but please give me a hand here. I am trying to figure out how much space I will need for my trees in the basement.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++