Old 21-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Dendrobium Spike cutting?

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:25:37 -0500, "Roger Boughner"
wrote:

Thanks Diana. Thats what I was thinking but wasnt sure. All my info on Den's
is from Orthos All About Orchids. So far I have been saving Orchids from the
closeout shelf at the Lowes around the corner. 50% off and I have been able
to keep them all alive so far. 5 phals, 3 dens and a cataleya. Trying to
grow some baby phals from the nodes I cut.

Thanks
Roger

Den canes laid on their side in a bed of sphagnum moss will
SOMETIMES keiki. Sometimes you have just killed it. I would not
try it unless you have a plant go rootless. Then lay it down and
try to root or keiki it.
SuE