Old 21-07-2004, 09:03 PM
madgardener

Default gotta move :(

they'll be fine. I too am facing the possiblity of a major move. Nothing as
nice as what you're facing I'm afraid. If Squire does this........I will be
relocating to Carlisle, Pennsylvania.......no idea as to the zone, the
climate, the length of growing season, nothing. I'm resisting this
completely, but if the job they're offering him pays what I fear, I don't
even know if we could afford to move........and what about my beloved bushes
and plants that push the envelope that I grow? sigh..........I can't worry
about this right now. It's not set or deffinate. Cut the vines back and
they'll be fine. They'll recover and you'll have established mature roots
for your new place.

madgardener

--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
"Valkyrie" wrote in message
I have to move during August and in pots I have a sweet autumn clematis

and
some sort of pale lavender mystery clematis that blooms profusely in late
spring and then sporadically all summer till frost. They are growing up
trellises and along the balcony railings so the only way to move them is

cut them back quite a bit. Is this going to kill them? I've had them for
about 5 years and they've really been doing great.

I'm staying in the Seattle/Tacoma area.