Old 21-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Valkyrie

Default gotta move :(

I have to move during August and in pots I have a sweet autumn clematis and
some sort of pale lavender mystery clematis that blooms profusely in late
spring and then sporadically all summer till frost. They are growing up
trellises and along the balcony railings so the only way to move them is to
cut them back quite a bit. Is this going to kill them? I've had them for
about 5 years and they've really been doing great.

I'm staying in the Seattle/Tacoma area.

Old 21-07-2004, 09:03 PM
madgardener

they'll be fine. I too am facing the possiblity of a major move. Nothing as
nice as what you're facing I'm afraid. If Squire does this........I will be
relocating to Carlisle, Pennsylvania.......no idea as to the zone, the
climate, the length of growing season, nothing. I'm resisting this
completely, but if the job they're offering him pays what I fear, I don't
even know if we could afford to move........and what about my beloved bushes
and plants that push the envelope that I grow? sigh..........I can't worry
about this right now. It's not set or deffinate. Cut the vines back and
they'll be fine. They'll recover and you'll have established mature roots
for your new place.

madgardener

--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.

Old 21-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Valkyrie

"madgardener" wrote in message
they'll be fine.

Thanks!

Val

Old 21-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Michelle

welcome to my area mad gardener if you have to move that is a nice
place and you will be able to get a pretty nice home for very
reasonable up in that part of pa and zone 6 is a pretty nice place to
live and I've got lots of nice flowers and shrubs of course I would
give my left and right legs to move back to Tenn I lived in the
smokies and I have always wanted to move back there sorry you have to
move away but you're welcome here in sw pa and it's pretty nice
here.
good luck seems lots of folks are moving including me but i'm only
moving thirty minutes away to a nicer area my husband also got a new
job stinks but I'l be nearer some other family and that is ik

Old 28-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Valkyrie