Old 21-07-2004, 09:04 PM
molli

Default Ogres is history

from what has been posted on the forums, I gather some vendor was unhappy
with a rating. (no names were given) And after all the negative email, etc.
that the person running the Ogres site was getting, he decided to shut it
down. it no longer became worth the hassle he was getting.

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
Do we know why it is dead? Lack of money, lack of interest, or some
stupid legal problem? I can predict with 100% accuracy that eventually
some schmuck who gets a bad review will threaten legal action, even
though they have no case...

If somebody can find out why it isn't there and that it definitely
isn't coming back, I will volunteer to create/administer its
replacement. Although there may be 10 other people who want to do
that. We could make it open source...

Rob