Old 21-07-2004, 10:09 PM
wendy7

Default Dendrobium Spike cutting?

Welcome to our group Roger & just want to say that I can tell you
have been bitten by the Orchid Fever Bug!!!!
Since you have saved plants & got them growing you are going to
do well with this wonderful hobby. Get yourself to an Orchid Society Meeting
this will help you in the long run. I wish I had done so when I first
started.
Good luck.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Roger Boughner wrote:
I am fairly new to orchids and was wondering what to do with the dying
flower spike. It is turning yellow and all the flowers have wilted.
Where should it be cut and can it be propagated like the phalanopisis
spikes? All of my orchids are rescues from Lowes shelf of dying
plants. Since Mothers day i have collected 6 phals, 3 dendrobiums and
1 cataleya.

Thanks
Roger