Old 21-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Phil L

Default Greenhouse running costs

jimmy wrote:
:: Hi,
::
:: This is my first season with a new greenhouse and I am wondering
:: what to do with it during the winter. This comes down to the cost of
:: heating it. Does anyone have any information about (or links to
:: sites with information) about the running costs of various electric
:: heaters in the UK. (I am not really interested in paraffin heaters).
::
:: Thanks for any information,
::
:: Jim

http://www.greenhouse-heater.co.uk/g...-selection.htm
has a handy guide for working out which type is best.

http://www.cmsgardens.co.uk/heaters.htm
has a multitude of various heaters, although neither of these links will
tell you how much they cost to run, you can bet that it's a lot more than
propane!

HTH

BTW, if you do decide to use electricity, don't bother with a greenhouse
heater, any bog standard blow heater will suffice, provided it's supply has
a trip-switch fitted.