Old 22-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Alan Gould

Default Black Raspberry Bush

In article , culle64 culle64.19
writes

Does anybody know where I can purchase a Black Raspberry Bush, I am in
NW England ?...thanks.

A loganberry is a cross between raspberry and a blackberry of US stock.
Named after Judge Logan who found one growing in the wild. The fruits
are bright red.

A Tayberry is also a cross between a raspberry and a blackberry, but of
Scottish Tayside stock. The fruits are a bit like a loganberry, but
smaller and darker, though they are more purple than black.

Other raspberry based crosses a

Boysenberry - loganberry, raspberry and blackberry cross
Veitchberry - raspberry and wild blackberry (bramble) cross
Tummelberry - tayberry crossed with tayberry seedling - for cold areas

Your best bet is probably to grow straight blackberries.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.