Old 22-07-2004, 12:42 AM
Chris Hogg

Default Blue Poppies

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 06:58:30 -0500, "Dwayne" wrote:

Last year a gentleman put a message in one fo the news groups for free blue
poppy seeds. He sent some to me and true to my nature, nothing came up.

Do any of you know how I can contact this gentleman and ask for another
chance at making them work? If so, please send me that information.

Dwayne

Did you put the seed tray in the fridge (not freezer) for a few weeks
after you sowed them? When I grew them many years ago, such treatment
was the recommended thing. Mine came up like M&C, and then all damped
off! They either need pricking out quite soon after germinating, to
allow good air circulation, or regular spraying with fungicide, or
both.

--
Chris