Old 22-07-2004, 08:18 AM
Rick

Default Killing Sumac tree roots - Help

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:13:50 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Rick" wrote in message
Up till the recent gales, I had a Sumac tree next to the lawn.

The winds finally defeated it
Now all that is left is a small stump. However the root system is
throwing up small saplings (suckers?) through the garden and lawn.

I had resisted SWMBO efforts to remove the tree before, but now it's
gone she wants the saplings gone as well.

Would drilling a small hole in the stump and pouring neat Round Up
into the hole kill the root system? If not what would do the job?

Roundup only works on green leaves and stems no good on wood. I used SBK
Brushkiller in the way you suggest on my Rhus typhina and it was very
successful.

Great, Thanks.

I'll give it a try.

Rick..