Old 22-07-2004, 04:09 PM

Default Geraniums and Ivy

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:59:11 +0100, "les"
wrote:

This year for the first time I planted some geraniums in the same planters
as ivy (to create a trailing effect). The geraniums have not flowered
properly and the display has been very disappointing. Could it be that I
made a mistake putting them with the ivy?

Do you mean pelargoniums, i.e. the geraniums that need to be taken in
during the winter? If so, they should have been OK with the ivy
unless they got very wet. The big flowered geraniums like to be a bit
on the dry side and to have a good feed from time to time (potash for
flowering), Its all trial and error with our gardening. I have again
this year put regal pelargoniums in a basket with fuschia and they
look a bit daft really. All of it is flowering - its just that the
pelargonium is so big and so strong and is full of large flowers.
Thus, another note to be stuck on the wall of the potting shed.
Diana