Old 22-07-2004, 05:17 PM
flower faerie

Default Instant Hedge!

Kay wrote:
In article , Sue thewoodies2@SPO
ILERntlworld.com writes

Had you thought of erecting a fence and planting younger plants in front and
wait for them to grow?

Sue

The logic behind that is that younger plants usually settle more
quickly, so that in 3 years time you may have a taller and thicker hedge
with the younger plants than you would have got planting older plants.

yep, I've found this with some leylandii I planted. I had a few 5-6ft
plants and the 1ft plants I planted at the same time have now caught up!

hopefully they'll take off over the next few years and provide a screen
for an ugly industrial building my garden backs onto.

ff.