Old 22-07-2004, 07:37 PM

Default Trickle down veggie filter ?

no ...ugfs always run anaerobic after a little while. I have no media on the bottom
of my veggie filters. the stuff falls to the bottom anyway so it isnt needed Ingrid

(Crashj) wrote:

wrote in message ...
I want to put permanent PVC "pipes" in the VF so I can just hook up my
wet dry to them and suction out crud.

That makes me think of my aquarium undergravel filters. Your plan is
to feed from the bottom, which makes sense. This would require a
bottom grid held clear of the bottom, covered with small rocks, and
then the other media on top, with plants. Under the bottom grid would
be the feed pipe teed with a gate valve to a drain pipe. All the heavy
crud would fall to the bottom and could be removed by suction or the
drain. There would be an overflow at the top to return cleaned water
to the pond.
Does this sound workable?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/