Old 22-07-2004, 07:38 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Damn Varmints ate my Duckweed!

Depending on the tub's size, maybe you could use screen door material held
down with a bungee cord around the tub? Keep the skeeters out and confuse
the cavorting coons? ~ jan

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:06:40 -0400, "Bill Stock" wrote:

Well I bought my Duckweed and put it in a big wash tub, so I could add some
to the Pond as needed. I was worried last night, as it rained pretty hard
and I filled the tub a little too full. I had visions of all the Duckweed
floating out of the tub.

So I checked it first thing this morning and the water level was lower than
before the rain. I looked closely and noticed that more than half of my
Duckweed is gone! Damn Varmints! It looks like the Coons had a drinking
party last night. Might have been the Rabbits I suppose.

I guess the tub was not a bright idea in any event, as I have no way to keep
the skeeters out.