Old 22-07-2004, 07:39 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Where to get potassium permanganate, and will it hurt frog eggs?

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 21:10:16 -0500, "Pam Gibbs" gpaktatnetdoordotcom wrote:

So where do I get this stuff to treat the platnts? Didn't see anything at
Lowes or Home Depot. The aquarium store maybe?

Pond store or plant nursery that carries pond plants. Supposedly you can
get it from Sears in the water softener supply area, but I've never gone
looking there.

Got up this morning and found frog eggs all over everything in the kiddy
pool where I put the new plants to quarantine them and pick the snails off.

Oh dear, well..... if you leave the plants in the fishless kiddy pond,
after awhile it is like quarantine for a new fish, you've cleaned them up
because they've been away from fish. If you PP now, you'll kill the frog
eggs.... now you could move just those plants with eggs to something else,
treat the other plants and detox the PP with H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) if
you throw in a bubbler it will detox it faster and clear the water by the
end of the day, depending on circulation. So that night the frogs can come
back.

As far as I know, I do believe the Rosie Reds will eat, if not the eggs,
the babies that eventually come out of them. ~ jan