Old 23-07-2004, 04:03 AM

Default liquid organic carbon source a good substitute for CO2??

(Pww2n74) wrote in message ...
Greetings,

I just purchased an assortment of plants for my 10 gal. aquarium. In the past
I've used CO2 injection for plants, using the home-made method, but I wanted to
avoid all of that this time. When inquiring at a pet store, one guy pointed out
a product made by SeaChem which substitutes or supliments CO2 injection with a
liquid carbon source. He said that he used that only and had very good results,
and he showed me pictures of an aquarium set up by someone else who used it.
The before/after pics showed plants that really took off when using this stuff.

Is that stuff for real? Has anyone else had any experience using this type of
product?

Many thanks,
Paul

It works well for ,lower light tanks, not that great when you get
above 2 w/gal generally. It's better than nothing, but gas CO2 will
produce much better results.
It's about 1/3 as effective as adding CO2 gas.
Generally good for those lower light tanks, say a 10 gal with 15-20w
of lighting.

Smaller tanks are more economical for it also.
Easy to use.

Regards,
Tom Barr