Old 23-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Limnophile

Default liquid organic carbon source a good substitute for CO2??

What's the name of the product ? I would like to try it...

" wrote in message
om...
(Pww2n74) wrote in message

Greetings,

I just purchased an assortment of plants for my 10 gal. aquarium. In the

past
I've used CO2 injection for plants, using the home-made method, but I

wanted to
avoid all of that this time. When inquiring at a pet store, one guy

pointed out
a product made by SeaChem which substitutes or supliments CO2 injection

with a
liquid carbon source. He said that he used that only and had very good

results,
and he showed me pictures of an aquarium set up by someone else who used

it.
The before/after pics showed plants that really took off when using this

stuff.

Is that stuff for real? Has anyone else had any experience using this

type of
product?

Many thanks,
Paul

It works well for ,lower light tanks, not that great when you get
above 2 w/gal generally. It's better than nothing, but gas CO2 will
produce much better results.
It's about 1/3 as effective as adding CO2 gas.
Generally good for those lower light tanks, say a 10 gal with 15-20w
of lighting.

Smaller tanks are more economical for it also.
Easy to use.

Regards,
Tom Barr