Old 23-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Franz Heymann

Default To polytunnel or not?

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...
The message
from "Phil L" contains these words:

David Hill wrote:
:: Remember if you have a lean-to greenhouse then your house wall
:: will retain some of the days heat and help to keep the night

temp.
:: up a degree or so in the winter.
:: Also it will be easier to get electric into it if you want to.

Now I think I understand what happened in the 'moisture sensor'

thread - you
are replying to the original poster, but tacking it onto the last

post in
the thread, thereby replying in this instance, not to Susie as you

intended
to, but compo.

You are mistaken, Phil. The fact that David's post appears on your
screen directly beneath Compo's does not mean that he was replying

Compo (usenet threads don't work like that) nor does it mean he

"tacked
it on the end of the thread". David can't influence the order in

which
posts appear on your screen.

On the other hand, if David did not make a habit of removing relevant
headers, snipping without saying so and requoting context without
attribution marks, his posts would have been easier to read. Having
said that, I would emphasise that his posts are always very much worth
reading.

You probably have your newsreader set to thread posts in

chronological order.

Franz