Old 24-07-2004, 07:11 AM

Default Tomato plants from stems?

Most of my herbs except corianders, some plants including wild muscadines
grew root and prospered after a few days of "rooting" in a water cup. They
grow roots even better in the MiracleGrow solution as I found.
Hadn't tried it on tomatoes cause they are easy to get - but since it's also
a "vine" plant...

wrote:
Jo wrote:
A branch from a tree hit one of my tomato plants last week. ..
it in a vase with some other goodies.
Well it took root and is growing. I have never heard of this before. Has
anyone else?

I've rooted cherry tomato vines--long story. Worked well;
I used that growth-promoter stuff on them. Never tried it
with regular tomatos, though.

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD kuzen001 at acpub .duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see?
www.duke.edu/~kuzen001