Old 24-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Stephen Howard

Default Photo's of The National Summer Show

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 07:46:00 +0000 (UTC), "Martin"
wrote:

Stephen

Thanks for the feedback, my wife and I are delighted that you enjoyed
Valerie Margaret, as this is a rose that I have bred (out of Sunderland
Supreme x Seedling) and named after my wife.

Your hint is useful, I have been bothered with file uploading times and have
been trying to minimise this. I have reduced photo file sizes as much as
possible, and for the National Show photos I split the photos into three
pages rather than one. After loading the picture for the first time any
subsequent loading will be much quicker.
I'll look into your suggestion to try and make further improvements.

Martin..

The big advantage of using thumbnails is that you can link them to
larger images on a separate page.
The most efficient and widely used technique to browse such thumbnails
is by opening the image up in a separate window so that it downloads
whilst you carry on browsing the main page - and such glorious images
would benefit from a few extra Kb of data!

I can thoroughly recommend an application called Irfanview ( freeware,
widely available ) as a means of reducing image size to the best
advantage with regard to quality.

If only there was some way of downloading the scent!!

My compliments on the Valerie Margaret - your wife must be as proud
and as beautiful as the rose.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk