Old 24-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Ogres is history

Ray wrote:

Yep,

That's right.

While there was plenty of opportunity for abuse, my feeling is that if you're fair with your
customers, you have nothing serious to fear.

110% correct. And you probably make more money by being
scrupulously fair than by dinking around with excuses. And sleep better
at night.

I was taken aback by someone who griped about First Rays because a blossom arrived a bit mushed -
but then acknowledged that she wasn't expecting it to be in-bloom or spike anyway!

And there are always a few people that seem to take pleasure in
complaining, too. But most complaints are due to miscommunication. I'd
appreciate the availabilty of a secondary place to store complaints
about me. Perhaps the customer couldn't reach me for some reason (spam
filters, packet-loss, whatever). I might never know there was a problem
if there wasn't a neutral third party collecting comments.

Of course there has to be a mechanism for complaint removal (in the
case where the complaint was resolved to the satisfaction of both
parties), or at least a way for the vendor to present a rebuttal. I
didn't use OGREs enough to know if that was implemented. Another nice
feature would be to rate customers... There are a few bad apples in
that basket too. Not many, thank goodness.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )