Old 25-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Susan Erickson

Default Paph, what now ?

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:42:25 -0400, "Ray"
wrote:

Good point, Steve! Reading down the page, I see that I missed the comment about the plant losing
its "last" bloom.

Jon, if you're still interested...

Phals CAN sometimes rebloom from the same spike if you cut it off just below the point where the
lowest blossom formed (or above the 3rd node up from the base, which is often the same). Whether to
do that or not is, to some extent, a matter of choice.

If the plant is good and strong, it might not hurt it a bit. If it's a smaller plant or one that's
not as sturdy as it might be, it would be better to cut it off altogether, so the plant doesn't
waste more energy on flowers instead of building itself back up.

Personally, I tend to leave them alone, letting the plant decide for itself.

If you leave it alone... It may not be slightly for a time. But
it will shortly tell you if it wants to be cut off or only
trimmed.
SuE