Old 26-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Sam Farias

Default ginko tree question

we have one planted in your yard that gets direct sun, and it's doing
great. Probably needs some water during the hottest months, but doesn't
everything?

"Lilbit" wrote in message
escapee wrote:
What is the closest to the house would anyone recommend a ginkgo be

planted? I
have room on the west side of my house and it will be planted about 10

feet from
the foundation. Is that far enough?

Victoria

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for yourself or a

friend?

Arborists have told me that ginkgo doesn't much care for the Austin
climate (it's the heat that gets to it), so it's not likely to grow as
big as elsewhere - kinda vague but I hope that helps!