Old 11-07-2004, 09:03 PM
escapee

Default ginko tree question

What is the closest to the house would anyone recommend a ginkgo be planted? I
have room on the west side of my house and it will be planted about 10 feet from
the foundation. Is that far enough?

Victoria

Old 16-07-2004, 05:07 AM
ddodd

The ginko will grow 40-79 feeet high and 20-40 feet wide. You probably need
a little more distance from your house or it won't be symmetrical. It is a
pretty tree.

Old 16-07-2004, 02:24 PM
escapee

Have you seen this tree grow that large in Texas? I know it does up north, but
down here things don't ever seem to grow as large due in part to the average
rainfall of 31 inches.

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:18:31 -0500, "ddodd" opined:

The ginko will grow 40-79 feeet high and 20-40 feet wide. You probably need
a little more distance from your house or it won't be symmetrical. It is a
pretty tree.

.. .

Old 19-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Lilbit

escapee wrote:
What is the closest to the house would anyone recommend a ginkgo be planted? I
have room on the west side of my house and it will be planted about 10 feet from
the foundation. Is that far enough?

Victoria

Arborists have told me that ginkgo doesn't much care for the Austin
climate (it's the heat that gets to it), so it's not likely to grow as
big as elsewhere - kinda vague but I hope that helps!
Old 26-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Sam Farias

we have one planted in your yard that gets direct sun, and it's doing
great. Probably needs some water during the hottest months, but doesn't
everything?

"Lilbit" wrote in message
escapee wrote:
What is the closest to the house would anyone recommend a ginkgo be

planted? I
have room on the west side of my house and it will be planted about 10

feet from
the foundation. Is that far enough?

Victoria

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for yourself or a

friend?

Arborists have told me that ginkgo doesn't much care for the Austin
climate (it's the heat that gets to it), so it's not likely to grow as
big as elsewhere - kinda vague but I hope that helps!

[IBC] Ginko seed Roberto Alday Delgadillo Bonsai 5 02-10-2004 05:46 PM
[IBC] Ginko biloba David J. Bockman Bonsai 11 02-01-2004 05:32 AM
Ginko biloba Mike Bonsai 0 01-01-2004 09:02 PM
Can i kept Ginko biloba inside? Patrick Gardening 2 03-09-2003 07:12 PM
how do I stop a ginko tree from fruiting? Jonathan Johnson Gardening 10 02-09-2003 11:33 PM