Old 27-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Ivan

Default Neighbors tree roots in my yard

By the use of the word 'yard' I'm guessing you're posting from USA? This
group is pretty much UK-centric though your problem isn't!

Actually, CANADA (a member of the commonwealth).

I don't know how insurance companies look at things in other countries but
here they're pretty fussy about how close tall trees are to a house and

what
damage they could do. Poplar trees are aggressive in their search for

water
so your drains and your neighbour's are in real danger of being undermined
by these trees. I suggest you have a word with your neighbour about this

We are serviced with plastic sewer lines, so there is no worry there.

potential hazard that will be *their* sole responsibility and tell him or
her that you're going to have to notify your insurance company about the
potential damage these trees can do - and ask for the name of their
insurance company so the two can talk to each other. That might do the

Yes indeed, that is a good idea. The mention of insurance and liability
might grease the sprockets on his chain saw.