Old 27-07-2004, 03:21 AM
Warren

Default A Green Wall?

Vox Humana wrote:

The main fault I see is that it may be very temporary. Any food crop

will
complete its lifecycle and die, leaving you with the original problem.
Depending on where you live, it might not meet zoning regulations. I
wouldn't think that a bucket of concrete would hold a twenty food

piece of
rebar. When you add wind load to the equation, you will have some
considerable torque to deal with. If the thing falls and injures

someone or
causes damage to your neighbor's property, you could be facing some

big
liability. If the arrangement is ridiculously unstable, you could be

facing
criminal negligence should someone get injured or killed.

As Vox points out, the structure falling over isn't a "minor point". It
probably will fall over before the neighborhood bookie can fill-up all
the slots in the betting pool. The big question would be what damage
it'll do, and will someone get hurt in the process.

Also, depending on how local laws define it, this could be considered a
fence, and could be subject to height restrictions. When it falls and
hurts someone or something, not having the proper permits for a 20' high
fence is going to add to your problems. You may find your home owner's
insurance will refuse to cover your liability because the structure was
built without permit.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Get Black and Decker Landscaping Tools He
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...ker/index.html