Old 27-07-2004, 05:07 AM
Michelle

Default zuchumber????

Hello
A while bgack some one wondered if they should seperate their zuchini
and cucumbers
and some one replied that there was no effect of growing the two
together such as a crross polination that would change the flavor of
the fruit -vegi so when I planted them I did not worry about the
proximity to each other I had an extra xuck and I planted it next to
my cucumber vines
today I went to make some spagetti sauce and I cut some xuchinni and
they are that because I picked it fresh off the plant and I put it in
my sauce it had the texture and shape of a zuck but the seed shape
and flavor of a cucumber with no bitterness at all a soft skin and a
yummy taste but not the texture on the inside like a zuck has this
happened to any one else? I know it sounds weird but it is a very
weird thing I thought cross polination only affected seeds.
I'm confused
Michelle