Old 27-07-2004, 05:27 AM
Bob S.

Default taking care of tools (j)

"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message news:up%Mc.29847$8_6.15597@attbi_s04...
"Kilroy Bass" wrote in message
om...
how do you take care of your tools? I notice that my tools, such as my
anvil lopper and shears rust easily if they are placed in the garage. I

don't
have another place where I can store those tools.

is there a spray that would prevent them from rust?

what would be a solution to prevent rust?

Wipe them down to remove any dirt, and if you've been pruning any diseased
material a squirt of rubbing alcohol wouldn't hurt, then give them a light
spray of WD40.

pam - gardengal

WD-40 is good for short term use, but too light for lasting effects. A
heavier grade oil would be better.

Bob S.