Old 27-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Pineapple in UK

In message ,
writes
A couple of months back I asked about growing Pineapples in the UK and
the chap at the garden centre and some people here at urg said they
would not ripen because they would not get hot enough. I'm posting to
say you were wrong!

I had two plants both in the green house, but I put one of them under
plastic to give a double greenhouse effect. This was not necessary,
all that happened was the soil kept drying out quicker (which you
would expect since because the plastic was making it hotter...) Both
fruits have now gone yellow.

Bob Flowerdew (Norfolk) grows a variety of 'exotic' fruits, including
Pineapples and Bananas in a double polytunnel arrangement
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: