Old 27-07-2004, 08:02 PM
M. Tiefert

Default propagating a date tree?

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:25:05 -0500, MrChaos007 wrote:

jhill wrote:
I bought a house at which the previous owner had planted a date tree
which
produces very well. I would like to have at least one more tree like
it. Is
there any way to start another from the limbs or something of this one
-- if
so how? I live in Killeen, TX

Wait till it forms offsets at the base. They don't come true from seeds.
If there are any commercial date farms in the area, maybe they offer tours
or other information. (If you think you'd like to see southern California
anyway, it may be worthwhile to also go to the Date Festival in Indio,
California - a county fair, really, but the main crop there is dates and
the fair is pretty informative.)

cheers,

Marj